Tuesday, September 23, 2008

His Arm is Not Shortened

"Behold, Jehovah's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear" Isaiah 59:1
I was thinking about this verse this morning. For the last several weeks I have had some severe pain in my hands, elbows and shoulders along with my regular back pain. Because of the pain, my arms are not as useful and my hands cannot grip what they used to.
Sometimes I think we believe that God's arm/hand is shortened and that His ear is deaf where He cannot hear when we have prayed and God has not done OUR bidding.
This verse in Isaiah is not very big, but the message is huge. God does not have our disabilities. His hand can reach ANYWHERE. God's hand can save ANYONE. God's ears can always hear us.
If you continue on to verse two, the scripture is clear as to why sometimes God's hand appears to be inadequate and that His ears are deaf to our prayers. It is because of OUR SINS. The scripture says: "But your wrongs have separated you from your God, and your sins have made him hide his face so that he doesn't hear you. ...
I do get weary hearing God's children telling me that God doesn't answer their prayers. If God is truly NOT answering prayer, then maybe we should look at OURSELVES and ask why....not look at God and ask, why?
Is God hiding His face from me? from you? so He doesn't hear you or me?
Are my wrongs seperating me/you from God?
When we are walking in the light as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from EVERY sin. That would make the seperation between God and me/you null and void.
Unlike me, who has to strain and reach (sometimes in vain) for a glass on the shelf because my arms don't work right, God never has to strain to reach His children (me and you).
I thank God through Jesus Christ. I am victor because HE remains victorious and His hand is not slackened towards me/you.

No comments: