Monday, March 16, 2009

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

It was not me who baked TWO Arkansas Pound Cakes in two days. It was not me who realized that just because the name is POUND cake, it doesn't mean you only gain one pound if you eat it.

It was not me who was late picking up my oldest son from the airport. I am never late.

It was not me who forgot to turn the heater back on in the house and woke to see my oldest son, Israel, in his winter coat, sitting in a chair in the living room, doing computer work.

It is not me needing to go to the bathroom but not wanting to stop from my "not me's" long enough to go take care of bathroom business.

It was not me sitting in the fellowship room last night while the men had an impromptu meeting, wishing I was anything but the preachers wife.

It was not me LAUGHING at our Mocha dog having a hissy fit at the patio door because another dog five times his size was on the deck. I have an obedient and quiet dog, so it wasn't me.

and....it was not me who took a list with five complaints to my doctor only to hear that every problem could easily be solved if I lost weight. I have an intelligent doctor, so it could not have been me!

2 comments:

Jessi Dawn said...

yes, pound cake can be much more awful than a pound... sadly. Those silly doctors... what do they know. Let's give them a list from a 100 pound person and see what might be causing the issues... right??

Love you mom!
Jess

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I was faced with the 'lose weight' remedy not too long ago myself. Great Not Me's! :)