Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today is my 53rd birthday.

I have been blessed to complete my 52nd year. I am planning to enjoy myself today. It is a good thing to do.

I have already allowed myself to spend over an hour reading a good book this morning. I treated myself to a McDonalds breakfast. My husband gave me a wonderful card that plays music (he and I LOVE these cards). Sarah bought me a dog --a Chihauhau for my birthday and Kevin bought me my cuckoo clock and had it repaired and hung it on the wall. He is also blessing me with doing household chores that are difficult for me to do--he thought of that gift all by himself. I LOVE IT!

I got money from my mom and dad and have ordered myself a blouse with it. I got a card from my brother. I got some raspberries from a friend. Another friend is taking me to lunch this afternoon.

When I began my 52nd year, I honestly thought it would be my last. Just a feeling I had. My 52nd year...... Two grand babies were conceived. We got to go on a vacation in November to Missouri, Illinois and Colorado. I got to see all my children then. Sarah came home. I had two surgeries to repair my hands. I continued to exercise. I lost and regained 35 lbs. Two good friends died. I did not move to a new house :)

There are many other things I could mention, but the point of today, is that my 52nd year is over and the heaviness I felt would be for that year of my life has lifted.

In the next few weeks I will have a new grandbaby; Our lives will change, as this grand baby and her mama (our daughter Sarah) live with us.

LIFE will be a blessing. Such a good gift from our Heavenly Father. In October we will have another grandbaby. More life.....

Thank you God...I anticipate a new year of walking with you.

1 comment:

Jessi Dawn said...

Happy Birthday, Momma! I am so happy that the 52nd year was not the last! Praise God for you! I love you so much; wish we could have been part of the celebration.
Love and hugs,
Jess