Friday, October 17, 2008

Waiting for 'the call'

I am in countdown. My oldest daughter is to give birth SOON. Her due date is October 29th, but she has never gone all the way to her due date.

I won't be there for this glorious event and my heart aches and grieves. Such a special moment making a special memory. I will also miss the anticipating WITH my daughter. I love seeing her pregnant. It is beautiful. I know she is aching and tired, especially with this, her fourth child in four years. But, she glows, she's excited and I'm excited too and to be together with this excitement is something that can never be replaced.

My heart has already welcomed Samuel James into our family and I am anxious to see what he looks like. I will miss the labor and the close intercession that I usually do. The singing of blessing during the labor and watching my incredible daughter--what a woman!

This birthing is different. I am home caring for another daughter and another baby. A special baby with special needs. Jessica blessed me with a 'releasing' call; releasing me from being with her for Samuels birth. We both cried. The desires of our hearts were the same.

So, now I wait for 'the call'. I will hear via the phone that my daughter is in labor. And I will pray from afar. It's the same to the Lord, but it is not the same for the Mother. I will pray and I will continue my work in Wyoming. I will pray and I will do some grieving. I will pray and do some laboring right along with my dauhter. And...I will pray and then, I will get 'the call'. We will rejoice together....all is well. Then, I will wait for a picture. Usually I am the one sending out the pictures from Jessica's house.

I'm not the best photographer, and I have managed to run out of batteries during Rose's birth and then totally erase all the one hundred or so pictures of Lela's birth. I obviously am not the usual one doing the picture taking. ha.

So, today.....may be the day. I am guessing, October 27th. I am guessing, 8 lbs 2 ounces. I am guessing, 22 inches long.

And now....we wait for the call.

2 comments:

Jessi Dawn said...

I love you, Mom. Wish you could be here, too. But, we both know it will be "OK". God is faithful. He is with me.

Love,
Jess

Jessi Dawn said...

PS You are a wonderful photographer. You took beautiful pictures as Lela's birth AND, before you erased them, we did manage to download them ALL on my computer. So, it worked ok, remember? I love those pics and I will miss your photography with this baby. :)